Everyone loves a dazzling pearly white smile. But the factors such as smoking, drinking, aging, underlying disease, and certain medications may cause your teeth to stain. Discolored or stained teeth make you conscious and affect your smile's appearance. You can visit us for professional teeth whitening to regain your sparkling smile.
How Does Professional Teeth Whitening Work?
Professional teeth whitening is a treatment that makes your teeth appear whiter. We use various bleaching products to help you attain the same. These products comprise a whitening agent that helps to remove staining, debris, and the accumulation of other residues from the surface of your teeth.
Bleaching products comprise hydrogen peroxide or carbamide peroxide, making your teeth appear lighter than their natural shade.
What are the Advantages of Teeth Whitening?
- Professional teeth whitening is a non-invasive procedure that completes in one sitting only.
- The results of professional teeth whitening are lasting when compared to other teeth-whitening methods. You are merely required to follow a proper oral care routine of brushing and flossing your teeth to maintain your pearly whites.
- This procedure is safe for people of all ages. The bleaching product doesn't lead to any side effects.
- Professional teeth whitening is a cost-effective procedure.
How is the Procedure Performed?
- This in-office procedure starts with inserting a cheek-retractor into your mouth to expose your aesthetic zone teeth. We also apply a rubber dam or hardening resin on your gum tissues to protect them from irritation caused by the bleaching product.
- A bleaching gel comprising hydrogen peroxide will be applied to your teeth. We will keep it for 30 minutes, and we will suction or wash off the gel once done and check the effect. A fresh gel is reapplied for an additional period and allowed to remain on your teeth for another 15-30 minutes.
- If required, we may also use an intense light and focus it on your teeth to activate the bleaching process.
- We will check your teeth to see how well they have responded to the whitening gel between the gel applications. If required, we may apply some more whitening gel.
- After the final application of gel, we will remove the cheek retractors and rinse your mouth thoroughly.
- We will take a shade scale and measure the shade of your teeth. Professional teeth whitening whitens your teeth 2-3 shades lighter. The real result of the treatment emerges after a couple of days.
- We will advise you to visit our dental clinic to repeat this procedure every six months to maintain your brightening smile.
Please reach out to our Premier Arts Dental in Freehold, NJ, to have a consultation with our dentist, Dr. Shah. Please call us at (732) 702-2787 or schedule an online consultation, and we'll guide you further.